Thursday, December 22, 2022

Selflessness

I had a rather miserable birthday yesterday, thanks to my latest problem, an anomoly in my left cheek. It's probably another cancer but I don't get to hear the results of the biopsys or the scans until January. Meantime My face hurts and my nose is bleeding so I couldn't get taken out for my birthday lunch. Sometimes life just sucks!

The Project

I've now completed the final chapter of Agile Time Management and am just going back through everything to double check on stuff etc. I'm also submitting the contents for peer review with the rest of the team (David, Graham and Anna), so hopefully they will spot anything I've missed. The publishers are going to release it as an eBook initially (as paper book sales are currently down) in February, with a print edition being released later in the year.

The Way

A selfish project manager will alienate the project team, or worse still, the team will think that is the correct way to behave and start to develop similar characteristics.  The wise project manager shows enlightened leadership through service.  He puts the well-being of the team above that of himself, for this is the way of the project manager. 

The Tao

Lao Tzu tells us:

The sage stays behind,  

and proceeds.  

Is detached from all things, 

and continues.  

By not having a personal agenda,  

He is able to accomplish great things.  


No comments: